The ultimate sacrifice made by a loving God for fallen, broken, hopeless, and sinful humans, was the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. A death where blood was shed. But not any kind of blood. It was the blood of The Prince of Peace, The Alpha and Omega, The Messiah, The Lamb of God who was slain for our cause. The blood that changed everything, abolished our sentence of death, gave us liberty, and continues to give us power every single day. Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross for us with purpose and below I am sharing 22 bible verses about the blood of Jesus Christ.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “22 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS”
22 Bible Verses About The Blood Of Jesus
1. We are justified by the blood of Jesus.
Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. (NKJV)
2. The blood of Jesus redeemed us from sin.
Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. (NKJV)
3. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (NKJV)
4. There is life in the blood of Jesus.
John 6:53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. (NKJV)
5. The blood of Jesus gives us power to overcome the enemy.
Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. (NKJV)
6. The blood of Jesus brought us near to God.
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (NKJV)
7. The blood of Jesus redeems our soul.
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’ (NKJV)
8. The blood of Jesus symbolizes God’s new covenant with us.
Luke 22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you. (NKJV)
9. We have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus.
1 Peter 1:18-19 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. (NKJV)
10. Jesus washes us from our sins in His own blood.
Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, (NKJV)
11. We can enter the presence of God through the blood of Jesus.
Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus. (NKJV)
12. There is no forgiveness of sins without the shedding of blood.
13. God wipes our sins through the blood of Jesus.
Romans 3:25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed. (NKJV)
14. Jesus sanctified us with His own blood.
15. The blood of Jesus makes us complete.
Hebrews 13:20-21 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (NKJV)
16. Jesus obtained eternal redemption for us through His own blood.
Hebrews 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. (NKJV)
17. Jesus shed his blood for the remission of our sins.
Matthew 26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (NKJV)
18. We have been washed by the blood of Jesus.
Revelation 7:14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (NKJV)
19. The blood of Jesus cleanses our conscience from dead works.
Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (NKJV)
20. Jesus purchased us with His own blood.
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church [a]of God which He purchased with His own blood. (NKJV)
21. We have peace through the blood of Jesus.
Colossians 1:20 And by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. (NKJV)
22. The blood of Jesus protects us from destruction.
Exodus 12:13 Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. (NKJV)
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you found this post helpful! Let me know in the comments below which bible verses about the blood of Jesus you loved the most.
More Posts You May Like
- 25 Powerful Names Of Jesus
- 25 Gifts From God To Cherish Forever
- Who Does God Say I am?
- How God Sees You – Discover Your True Identity
- How To Dress With The Armor of God
- The Fruit Of The Spirit Purpose & Bible Verses
Sending you blessings & love,