Ever feel like your opinion doesn’t matter? No matter what you say, it’s never smart enough, funny enough, engaging enough, or good enough? Do you have trouble expressing how you really feel to others? Do you fear rejection? If you answered yes to any of these, then you are battling insecurity in some way or another. However, regardless of the many factors that may had led to insecurity in your life, you need to know that your are not destined to be insecure forever. Insecurity may be a giant trying to block, defeat, and destroy you. But insecurity is a giant that God is capable of stopping and eliminating from your life if you let him. Ready to battle insecurity? Below I’m sharing 20 powerful bible verses to battle insecurity with God’s help.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “20 POWERFUL BIBLE VERSES TO BATTLE INSECURITY” FOR LATER!
The Importance Of Battling Insecurity
Why is it important to battle insecurity?
Because it is the mother of all problems regarding self-esteem.
INSECURITY makes you:
- Fear rejection
- Afraid to express yourself
- Embarrassed to talk to others
- Feel socially anxious
- Compare yourself to others
- Feel inferior to others
- Become a people pleaser
- Isolate yourself from others
- Feel bad about yourself
- Criticize yourself
- Strive for perfection
- Have a low self-esteem
If insecurity is not battled correctly early on in life, it becomes harder to deal with later on in life. If left untouched, insecurity will give birth to many children that you don’t want in your life: fear, low self-esteem, timidness, and anything mentioned on the list above. Personally, I wish I was aware of my insecurity earlier on in life so that I would have not allowed insecurity to produce things that have hurt or blocked me.
But, becoming aware is usually the first step in the right direction.
Why? Because when you are aware of who your enemy is, you know who and what you are fighting against. Is it normal to be shy? No, but insecurity will make you believe that it is part of your personality. Is it good to be a people pleaser? No, but insecurity will make you feel that pleasing others will shield you from being rejected.
Insecurity causes you to accept behaviors that are not normal.
Battling Insecurity Together
If you are currently battling insecurity, I want you to know that you have nothing to be ashamed of. Like I said before, being self-aware is the first step to overcoming insecurity. It’s easy to just settle being the person insecurity has drawn you to be (even if you hate being this way). But recognizing that there is healing to do, needing to dig within yourself to discover the root of your insecurity, having to forgive past situations that have affected you, and battling against your own thoughts to defeat insecurity is not easy. It’s not an easy battle, but it is a battle worth fighting.
I’m writing this post because I completely understand you.
I know how it feels to not be able to express yourself no matter how much you want to.
I know how it feels to constantly compare yourself to others and always feel inferior and not good enough.
In a group of a lot of people, I know how horrible it feels like your opinion doesn’t matter, your voice is not heard, and you simply don’t seem to fit in.
I mean, if I were to list the many ways I have felt throughout the years due to insecurity, this post would surpass 10,000 words.
But I also know that insecurity doesn’t have to reign in your life forever.
Not when you believe and rely on a God that is all powerful.
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
20 Powerful Bible Verses To Battle Insecurity
Like any other battle, the battle against insecurity is not easy. That’s why I have decided to compile a list of bible verses to properly equip you in your battle against insecurity. Here are 20 powerful bible verses to battle insecurity that you need to confess with your mouth, store in your mind, and believe with all your heart.
1. Your sufficiency comes from God, not your thoughts, other people, or who you are.
2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God. (NKJV)
2. Fear limits, traps, and prevents you from walking with confidence in God.
Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe. (NKJV)
3. The devil wants to rob you from living an abundant life by making you insecure.
John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (NKJV)
4. Jesus is powerful enough to set you free from insecurity.
John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (NKJV)
5. God provides a way out of insecurity.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (NKJV)
6. The presence of God is able to cast out fear in your life because God is love.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (NKJV)
7. Put your insecurity in the hands of the God who cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (NKJV)
8. God gave you a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind so that you can live as a confident person, not an insecure person.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (NKJV)
9. Insecurity says you have no purpose. God says you were created for good works.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (NKJV)
10. Regardless who may have caused you to become insecure, battling insecurity is an internal battle not an external battle.
Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (NKJV)
11. Confess that insecurity no longer has space to live in you because Christ lives in you.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (NKJV)
12. Don’t let insecurity block you from seeing the great plans that God has for your life.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (NKJV)
13. Seek God first and He will take care of the rest – confidence, self-esteem, etc.
14. You can defeat insecurity through God.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJV)
15. God doesn’t leave any of his work incomplete. You may still be a work in progress, but God is not done working on you yet.
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. (NKJV)
16. Let God know about all your internal battles.
Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (NKJV)
17. Be careful with what you fill your mind with – fill your mind with God’s truth.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (NKJV)
18. Renew your mindset and stop comparing yourself to others so that you can see yourself through God’s eyes.
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (NKJV)
19. If God already gave you the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ, why wouldn’t he give you the gift of confidence?
Romans 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? (NKJV)
20. You are not a mistake because God makes no mistakes.
Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. (NKJV)
Related Posts You May Like:
- 24 Bible Verses For When You Feel Misunderstood
- 20 Best Bible Verses About Confidence In God
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When You’re Feeling Down
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses To Fight Depression
- What Does The Bible Say About Comparison?
- Who Am I To God?
- 40 Biblical Truths – Who Does God Say I am?
EQUIP YOURSELF EVEN MORE….
Whether you’re looking to:
- Believe, repeat, and confess God’s truth in a more personal way
- Dig in to scripture and dive into prayer more
- Confess victory in your life
- Proclaim God’s word with authority
- Remain faithful to God during victories and battles
I have created the ultimate biblical affirmations ebook to help you navigate life.
This Christian-based ebook contains 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with Bible verses and categorized by key themes/topics to help you believe, repeat, and confess God’s truth in a more personal way, dig in to scripture & dive into prayer more, and confess victory in your life. This book includes 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with bible verses and categorized by 20 different key topics and themes. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I really hope you found this post and these 20 powerful bible verses to battle insecurity helpful. I really enjoy writing about topics that are close to my heart, even if I have to be more vulnerable. Let me know if there are other related topics you’d like us to explore. And if you have any other bible verses for insecurity that haven’t been mentioned in this post, share them with us in the comments below.
Sending you blessings & love,