Does crying make you weak? Do only weak and sensitive people cry? What does the Bible say about crying? Today I’m going to share key bible verses about crying. After reading these verses you’ll either have a brand new perspective on crying and/or you will feel comforted the next time you do cry. Here are 20 bible verses about crying.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “20 Bible Verses About Crying” FOR LATER!
20 Bible Verses About Crying
THERE IS NO SHAME IN CRYING
1. God does not despise or ignore us when we cry.
Psalm 22:24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him; but when He cried to Him, He heard. (NKJV)
2. Jesus cried in front of people.
John 11:35 Jesus wept.
3. Jesus cried before God.
Hebrews 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear. (NKJV)
4. Jesus cried out before dying.
Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’ ” Having said this, He breathed His last. (NKJV)
5. Jesus was moved when He saw Mary crying.
John 11:33 Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. (NKJV)
6. God acknowledges and stores our tears.
THERE IS A TIME TO CRY
7. God made everything beautiful in it’s time, even crying.
Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn,
And a time to dance. (NKJV)
8. Crying doesn’t last forever.
CRYING TO GOD FOR HELP
9. It’s okay to cry to God when we are in the depths.
Psalm 130:1-2 Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. (NKJV)
10. We can cry out to God while we wait on Him.
Psalm 69:3 I am weary with my crying; my throat is dry; my eyes fail while I wait for my God. (NKJV)
11. We can praise and cry out to God.
GOD HEARS US WHEN WE CRY
12. God’s ears are open to our cry.
Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. (NKJV)
13. God hears our cry from His temple.
Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears. (NKJV)
14. God hears our cry and delivers us from trouble.
Psalm 34:17-18 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. (NKJV)
15. God hears the cry of the afflicted.
Exodus 22:22-24 You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. If you afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry; and My wrath will become hot, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless. (NKJV)
16. God inclines His ear to our cry.
Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. (NKJV)
17. God hears our cry and saves us.
Psalm 145:19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. (NKJV)
18. God hears our cry even when we feel hopeless.
GOD TRANSFORMS OUR TEARS
19. God will wipe away our tears.
Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (NKJV)
20. Tears of sorrow will become tears of joy.
Psalm 126:5 Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. (NKJV)
GRAB “A Verse For Every Need“
Tired of not knowing how to battle with how you feel and what you go through in life? Face every emotion, situation, and question you may have along the journey with the Word of God. A Verse For Every Need was created so that you can have the best and most relevant bible verse for every topic at the tip of your finger! Discover 200+ fillable bible verses for every need you have. Click here to read more! AD
I hope you enjoyed reading these 20 bible verses about crying and felt comforted by them. Let me know in the comments below which bible verse about crying touched you the most.
More Posts You May Like
- 15 Bible Verses About God Taking Care Of Us
- 22 Bible Verses About God’s Goodness
- 15 Bible Verses About Rest To Restore Your Soul
- 25 Gifts From God To Cherish Forever
- 30 Bible Verses About Gratitude
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When You’re Feeling Down
- 15 Bible Verses For When you Feel Emotionally Drained
- 24 Bible Verses For When You Feel Misunderstood
Sending you blessings & love,