Life can be exhausting but it doesn’t have to be. God has promised to take all of our burdens and in exchange give us rest. Sometimes we have a hard time seeing God’s promises fulfilled in our lives, not because they aren’t available but because we aren’t aware of them. Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” That’s why reading scripture or exploring the same topics over and over again doesn’t hurt. Below I am sharing 15 bible verses about rest to restore your soul when you’re tired.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “15 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT REST TO RESTORE YOUR SOUL” FOR LATER!
How To Rest In Jesus
Previously I wrote a lengthy blog post on “How to rest in Jesus when you’re exhausted.” Here’s an outline of what that blog post covers.
- Definition of rest
- Revelation of rest
- God’s promise of rest
- Obtaining rest through Jesus
- Physical vs Spiritual rest
- The perfect example of rest
- To rest means to let go
- Jesus’ invitation to rest
- 7 states of spiritual exhaustion
- spiritual slavery
- spiritual fever
- accumulation of pain
- spiritual paralisis
- loss of vision
- The yoke of Christ
Click here to read full blog post: How to rest in Jesus when you’re exhausted
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
15 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT REST
1. Rest is a promise from God.
Hebrews 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. (NKJV)
2. The promise of rest is still available.
Hebrews 4:8-9 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. Therefore remains a rest for the people of God. (NKJV)
3. Jesus gives rest to those who come to Him.
Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (NKJV)
4. The presence of God provides rest.
Exodus 33:4 And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (NKJV)
5. God gives you the option to rest in Him or not.
Hebrews 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. (NKJV)
6. To find rest you must exchange the yoke of the world for the yoke of Christ.
Matthew 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (NKJV)
7. Resting means letting go.
Hebrews 4:10 For He who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (NKJV)
8. God’s rest isn’t limited.
1 Kings 5:4 But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence. (NKJV)
9. God gives proper and everlasting rest.
Joshua 21:44 The Lord gave them rest all around, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers. And not a man of all their enemies stood against them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand. (NKJV)
10. God gave us the perfect example of rest so that we can follow it.
Genesis 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (NKJV)
11. God gives rest from burdens and sorrows.
12. God leads you to his presence so that you can find rest.
Psalm 23: 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. (NKJV)
13. God allows his beloved to rest in Him.
Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep. (NKJV)
14. It’s easy to rest in God when your thoughts are on Him.
Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You. (NKJV)
15. Whenever you’re feeling exhausted, remember what God has done for you.
Psalm 116:7 Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. (NKJV)
This Christian-based ebook contains 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with Bible verses and categorized by key themes/topics to help you believe, repeat, and confess God’s truth in a more personal way, dig in to scripture & dive into prayer more, and confess victory in your life. This book includes 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with bible verses and categorized by 20 different key topics and themes. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you found this post helpful! Let me know in the comments below which bible verses about rest you found the most comforting for your heart. Also, are there any other bible verses about rest you like to read when you’re feeling exhausted?
More posts You May Like:
- How To Rest In Jesus When You’re Exhausted
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When Feeling Down
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When You Feel Stuck In Life
- 15 Calming Bible Verses To Sleep Better
- 10 Worship Songs To Comfort The Anxious Heart
- Who Does God Say I am?
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses For Difficult Times
Sending you blessings & love,