Do you have trouble sleeping at night? Whether you have trouble falling asleep, keeping your worries on check, or maintaining your mind at peace at night, the word of God has the best insomnia pills for you! What I love about the word of God is that it not only has the power to comfort you during the day, but it has the power to comfort you during the night as well. The time of day may change, but the word of God remains the say in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, and at night. Below I am sharing 15 calming bible verses to sleep better and help you rest when you can’t.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE 15 CALMING BIBLE VERSES TO SLEEP BETTER
4 Calming Night Habits
Before I get into sharing my favorite bible verses to sleep better, I want to share 4 easy night habits you can add to your night routine for better sleep. All of these habits are practicable and relaxing to do right before bed.
- Read your Bible before going to bed, even if it’s just one verse.
- Pray to God and put all your problems in his hands.
- Play worship music as you get ready for bed.
- Read a chapter of a Christian book.
- Repeat a powerful biblical affirmation inspired by a bible verse
Grab “Biblical Affirmations To Navigate Life” Ebook!
This Christian-based ebook contains 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with Bible verses and categorized by key themes/topics to help you believe, repeat, and confess God’s truth in a more personal way, dig in to scripture & dive into prayer more, and confess victory in your life. This book includes 400 powerful biblical affirmations backed up with bible verses and categorized by 20 different key topics and themes. Click here to learn more! (AD)
15 Calming Bible Verses To Sleep Better
1. Live in the present and go to bed without worrying or stressing about the next day.
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (NKJV)
2. Talk to God before going to sleep.
Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (NKJV)
3. Give all of your worries, problems, and tasks to God.
1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (NKJV)
4. Remember that God will help you when you are afraid at night.
Psalm 56:3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. (NKJV)
5. You can sleep confidently knowing that God will sustain you all night long.
Psalm 3:5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me. (NKJV)
6. Your sleep will be sweet in God.
Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. (NKJV)
7. Your sleep will be peaceful in God.
Psalm 4:8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (NKJV)
8. God’s presence is with you during the night as well.
Exodus 33:14 And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (NKJV)
9. God gives his beloved good sleep.
Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep. (NKJV)
10. The more content you are with life, the better sleep you’ll get,
Ecclesiastes 5:12 The sleep of a laboring man is sweet, whether he eats little or much; but the abundance of the rich will not permit him to sleep. (NKJV)
11. God will protect you from all danger at night.
Psalm 91: 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day. (NKJV)
12. God’s peace will keep your heart at peace during the night.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (NKJV)
13. Nothing will make you afraid at night.
Leviticus 26:6 I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. (NKJV)
14. Your soul can find rest when you remember the good things God has done for you.
Psalm 116:7 Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. (NKJV)
15. You can sleep calmly without having to fear anything because God is with you.
Job 11;19 You would also lie down, and no one would make you afraid;
Yes, many would court your favor. (NKJV)
More Posts You May Like
- 30 Bible Verses To Read To Start Your Day
- 30 Popular Bible Verses You Need To Treasure
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When Feeling Down
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses For Difficult Times
- 12 Best Christian Morning Routine Ideas
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you enjoyed reading these calming bible verses for better sleep. I used to struggle in the past to fall asleep at night, but ever since I began releasing my worries, plans, and fears on God’s hands, I’ve been able to sleep like a baby. It’s so relieving to know that you don’t have to control every situation in your life. God is in control and always provides the best solutions. Let me know in the comments below which bible verse you found the most helpful.
Sending you blessings & love,
Leave a Reply