Trying to kick-start your day in the best way possible? You’ve landed in the right place. Whether you’re a Christian blogger, parent, student, woman, or man (you’re welcomed here too!), I’ve compiled the 12 best christian morning routine ideas for you! Starting the day early isn’t always easy, but it’s definitely worth it. Especially if you’re trying to live a more productive and intentional life! Below I’m going to share some of the best christian morning habits that will help you start your mornings with Jesus.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Save these 12 best christian morning routine ideas for later!
12 CHRISTIAN MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS
Looking for more morning routine ideas? Check out: 80 best morning routine ideas for productive people and 30 creative morning habits that will make you happy.
1. PRAY TO GOD
The #1 way to start any day is by praying to God. This is a habit that has taken me awhile to practice, but it’s one of the best habits I have ever adopted. There is nothing like starting the day with a word of prayer to the Lord, pouring your heart out, praising His name, releasing all of your worries on to His hands, and spending a moment in His presence. Waking up earlier to have some Jesus time in the A.M is beyond worth it.
If you’ve never prayed in the mornings, here are some prayer ideas for you:
- Take a moment to praise God. If you don’t know how to, simply open up to the book of Psalms and repeat praises.
- Create a gratitude list and thank God for everything on your list.
- Talk to God as if you were talking to a special person in your life. Be thoughtful, be genuine, but most of all, be sincere.
- Pray for specific needs: health, loved ones, purpose, needs, etc.
- Pray for spiritual liberation. Be sure to use fighting verses!
- Ask God for guidance in any and all areas in your life.
- Take your prayer requests to God. (I will expand on this later on in this post)
- Open your heart to God and let Him know what’s troubling you.
2. READ & STUDY SCRIPTURE
One of the best times to read and study scripture is in the morning.
There is just something so comforting and different about reading the Bible in morning. Sure you can always read during the day or at night. However, there’s nothing like feeding your spirit first thing in the morning (well, after you pray).
If you want to feed your spirit, spend a moment with Jesus, discover what God wants to speak to you, and learn more about God, I recommend reading the Bible in the AM!
Here are some fun ways you can read the Bible in the morning:
- Read the entire Bible in order. Start with Genesis and make your way to Revelation.
- Choose a Bible book to read every month and read a few verses/passages every morning.
- Choose a topic that you’re interested in, research the topic on google, and read Bible verses related to that particular topic.
- Follow a reading plan or a devotional.
- Read in random places daily. Just open up your Bible and read wherever you open. Make sure to keep notes of what you read, what stood out, and what you learned.
If you need more ways to read the Bible, check out these 10 fun ways to read the Bible!
3. WALK WITH JESUS
Keep your mind and body in shape by going on fresh morning walks with Jesus.
Take a moment to appreciate God’s creation (trees, skies, flowers, animals, etc) while getting some steps in.
Here’s some things you can do while walking:
- Repeat biblical affirmations.
- Listen to worship music.
- Talk to Jesus.
- Mediatate on scripture.
- Listen to a Christian podcast.
- Observe God’s creation.
4. BIBLE APP TIME
Open up the Bible app and take a moment to:
- Read the Bible verse.
- Start, work on, or complete devotionals. There are so many to choose from!
- Read Scripture.
5. REPEAT BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS
Confess victory early in the morning by repeating powerful biblical affirmations.
You can do this while looking into the mirror, showering, or while walking. I absolutely love feeding my mind biblical affirmations and boosting my faith in God by confessing scripture aloud. It’s one thing to believe scripture, it’s another to confess it.
TIP: Don’t just repeat the biblical affirmation, repeat the bible verse it was inspired by.
Here are some biblical affirmations you can repeat:
1. God comforts me in all tribulations.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2. I am sufficient in God.
2 Corinthians 3:5. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God.
3. I will not fear evil.
Psalm 23:4. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
4. My voice is heard by God.
Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
Do you want more biblical affirmations to repeat? Check out these blog posts:
6. LISTEN TO CHRISTIAN MUSIC
Put your favorite Christian music on and jam to it while doing other morning tasks. I personally love to listen to music when I’m showering, getting read, going for a walk, or doing something that doesn’t require much concentration. Listening to music early in the morning is a great way to start the day with energy and a good mood.
I love listening to both worship and feel good Christian songs in the morning.
If you’re looking for great Christian music to listen to, check out these posts:
- 10 Worship Songs To Comfort The Anxious Heart
- 50 Best Hillsong Songs To Listen To Of All Time
- 100 Best Christian Songs To Listen To On Repeat
- The Top 10 Christian Songs For The Soul
7. WATCH A CHRISTIAN-RELATED VIDEO
Something I have been enjoying a lot lately is watching Christian-related videos on YouTube. Not only has this helped me learn so much, but it’s also helped me stay connected with God during the day. If you have a hard time staying connected to God, I definitely recommend doing this. I’ve found that the more I involve God in my life, the easier it is to stay connected with God. So, if playing Christian-based videos in the background while I work helps, you know that’s exactly what I’m going to do! 😉
Since I have recently started doing this and I am very picky with the Christian content I consume on YouTube (as you should be, too), I only watch from two channels:
- English: Harvest Virtue For Women
- Spanish: Encontrando El Camino
I will be updating this list as time goes by and I find more channels worth watching!
8. BIBLE VERSE FOCUS
If reading Scripture overwhelms you, simply choose a bible verse to meditate on daily.
Here are some things you can do with your daily bible verse:
- Write it down on a post it or a journal.
- Memorize the Bible verse.
- Meditate on this Bible verse throughout the day.
- Repeat this Bible verse out loud.
- Share this Bible verse on social media.
- Text this Bible verse to a friend.
- Record yourself reading this Bible verse and upload the video online.
9. JOURNAL FOR THE SOUL
Do you like to journal? How about you take a moment to write about topics that will help you examine your heart and grow your relationship with God.
Here are some journaling prompt ideas:
- How can I grow closer to God?
- Different areas where I need to grow in.
- How can I be a woman/man after God’s own heart?
- Reasons why I love God.
- I am so grateful to God for…..
10. PRAYER REQUESTS
Create a list with prayer requests. This can include your personal requests, requests of people around you, and requests of people you don’t know. If you have any prayer requests for me, check out my prayer requests page here and send in your requests!
I like to take a moment during my morning prayers to go through my personal prayer requests, prayer requests from my church, and online prayer requests. We may not be able to physically help or comfort everyone in the world, but we can always pray.
Pray for yourself. It’s important that you water your own garden, always.
Pray for your family and friends.
And pray for those who you don’t know personally.
11. WORKOUT TO CHRISTIAN MUSIC
If you want to burn some calories, tone your muscles, and get your heart pumping in the morning, try doing an at-home workout with christian music playing in the background. This is a great way to start your day with energy, motivation, and movement. Trust me, there’s never been a time where I have regretted working out!
If you prefer to just walk, that’s fine. But, if you want more activity, do a workout.
12. WATCH CHRISTIAN TIKTOKS
I don’t spend much time on TikTok, but when I do it’s to post on my account and watch Christian TikToks. I love how short, on point, and inspiring they are. So, if you don’t have much time in the mornings, I recommend watching a few Christian TikTok videos.
There are so many TikTokers who share daily bible verses, short bible study sessions, words of advice, testimonies, and entertaining videos.
I hope you found these 12 christian morning routine ideas helpful! Let me know what are some of your favorite christian morning routine ideas in the comments below!
GRAB THE ULTIMATE BIBLICAL AFFIRMATIONS EBOOK, HERE!
Sending you blessings & love,