Anyone can call themselves a leader, but what makes a leader a great leader? Let’s take a look at what scripture says about leadership, the qualities of great leaders, and what leaders shouldn’t do! Below I am sharing 25 great bible verses on leadership. So, whether you’re in a position of leadership, want to become a leader, or simply want to improve your leadership skills, these bible verses will give you insight and guidance.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “25 Great Bible Verses On Leadership” FOR LATER!
25 Great Bible Verses On Leadership
What Do Great Leaders Do?
1. Lead with diligence.
Romans 12:8 He who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. (NKJV)
2. Lead with example.
1 Peter 5:3 Nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. (NKJV)
3. Lead with integrity.
Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright will guide them, but the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them. (NKJV)
4. Lead with the wisdom that comes from God.
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. (NKJV)
5. Do everything for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (NKJV)
6. Do everything heartily and not to be seen.
Colossians 3:23-24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. (NKJV)
7. Remain humble regardless of the position they’re in.
1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time. (NKJV)
8. Have control over their emotions.
Proverbs 16:32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,
And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. (NKJV)
9. Are gentle and wise with their words.
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. (NKJV)
10. Are willing to serve regardless of the position they’re in.
Matthew 20:26-27 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave. (NKJV)
11. Serve others the way Jesus did.
Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (NKJV)
How Should Great Leaders Treat Others?
12. Treat others the way they want to be treated.
Luke 6:31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise. (NKJV)
13. Treat others with respect.
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another. (NKJV)
What Shouldn’t Leaders Do?
14. Look out only for their own interests.
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. (NKJV)
15. Take advantage of their position to mistreat others.
Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. (NKJV)
16. Do things through selfish ambition.
Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. (NKJV)
17. Act based on what they see or hear.
18. Show partiality.
James 2:8-9 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. (NKJV)
19. Lean on their own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. (NKJV)
Leaders dependency on God.
20. Good leaders depend on God for wisdom, understanding, council, might, knowledge, and the fear of the Lord.
Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. (NKJV)
21. Good leaders seek wisdom from God.
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (NKJV)
22. Good leaders rely on Christ’s strength instead of their own.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJV)
23. Good leaders acknowledge God in every decision.
Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)
Advice For Leaders
24. Know when to seek counsel and take advice from others.
Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. (NKJV)
25. Excel in your leadership and do things without mediocrity.
GRAB “A Verse For Every Need“
Tired of not knowing how to battle with how you feel and what you go through in life? Face every emotion, situation, and question you may have along the journey with the Word of God. A Verse For Every Need was created so that you can have the best and most relevant bible verse for every topic at the tip of your finger! Discover 200+ fillable bible verses for every need you have. Click here to read more! AD
I hope you enjoyed these 25 great verses on leadership. Let me know in the comments below which bible verse on leadership you liked the most.
More Posts You May Like:
- 5 Tips To Help You Live Your Life Guided by God
- 25 Gifts From God To Cherish
- The Best Bible Verses About Purpose
- 30 Eye Opening Bible Verses About Direction
- 20 Encouraging Bible Verses About Diligence
- 15 Bible Verses About God Being In Control
Sending you blessings & love,