I once read a quote that said something along the lines of: “The only thing worse than death is living life without purpose.” God didn’t create us to simply exist. God created us with a purpose and for a purpose. However, there are times that situations in life drift us away from our purpose and make us feel as if we had no purpose. And if you have been feeling without purpose lately, below I’m sharing 30 must-read bible verses about purpose. Allow God to speak to your heart and revive his purpose in your life.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE 30 IMPORTANT BIBLE VERSES ABOUT PURPOSE FOR LATER!
30 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT PURPOSE
1. You were created to be in God’s presence.
Genesis 2:15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. (NKJV)
The garden of Eden was the physical place where God’s presence abided in. So, when God created the first man on earth, he placed him there. He placed him in the garden of Eden with the purpose of giving men immediate and daily access to his presence.
2. God has wants to demonstrate his power in your life.
Exodus 9:16 But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth. (NKJV)
3. God will fulfill his purpose in your life.
Psalm 138:8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. (ESV)
4. God will finish what he has determined for you.
Job 23:14 For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such things are with Him. (NKJV)
5. God will work in your life according to his will.
Philippians 2:13 or it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. (NKJV)
6. God created you for good works.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (NKJV)
7. God has thoughts of peace for your life.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (NKJV)
8. God will complete his work in your life.
Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;(NKJV)
9. God has called you according to his purpose.
2 Timothy 1:9 Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. (NKJV)
10. Your days were already written in God’s book.
Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. (NKJV)
11. You must renew your mind to understand what the will of God is for your life.
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (NKJV)
12. You were created through Him and for Him.
Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. (NKJV)
13. God will act abundantly in your life according to the power in you.
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. (NKJV)
14. You were chosen to praise the one who brought you from darkness to light.
1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. (NKJV)
15. You must do everything for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (NKJV)
16. You must minister the gifts God has given you.
1 Peter 4:10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. (NKJV)
17. You were predestined according to God’s purpose.
Ephesians 1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will. (NKJV)
18. Do everything for God.
Colossians 3: 23-24 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. (NKJV)
19. You were predestined as a child of God.
Ephesians 1:11 Having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will. (NKJV)
20. Seek God first and everything else will be added in your life.
Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (NKJV)
21. The all of men is to keep God’s commandments.
Ecclesiastes 12: 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all. (NKJV)
22. God is the one who orders your steps.
Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. (NKJV)
23. God has chosen you to know his will.
Acts 22:14 Then he said, ‘The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth. (NKJV)
24. There is a season for every purpose in life.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (NKJV)
25. God will reward you in life according to your ways.
Jeremiah 32:19 You are great in counsel and mighty in [a]work, for Your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men, to give everyone according to his ways and according to the fruit of his doings. (NKJV)
26. No purpose of God can be withheld.
Job 42:2 “I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. (NKJV)
27. God created everything to serve it’s purpose.
Proverbs 16:4The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. (ESV)
28. The purpose of God will prevail.
Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (ESV)
29. God’s plans will stand forever.
Psalm 33: 11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. (NKJV)
30. God will accomplish his purpose.
Isaiah 46: 10 Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose. (NKJV)
Grab Your Free 30 Bible Verses About Purpose.
Do you want to keep these bible verses about purpose with you at all times? I got you! I created a stunning printable with all 30 bible verses about purpose! Just subscribe in the form below to download it
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you enjoyed reading this list of 30 must-read bible verses about purpose. Let me know what other bible verses about purpose you like in the comments below.
More Posts You May Like:
- 30 Bible Verses About Wisdom That Will Impact You
- 30 Best Bible Verses About Faith In Hard Times
- 100 Powerful Bible Verses Everyone Needs To Read
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses About Joy
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses About Prayer
- The 30 Most Beautiful Bible Verses About Love
Sending you blessings & love,