Do you have a big decision to make and don’t know what to do? Before making any kind of decision (whether it’s a big or small decision), I recommend diving into the word of God for guidance. It is better to wait on God and let him guide you into making the right decision than to make a decision on your own only to find out later that it was the wrong one! Below I am sharing 20 helpful bible verses about making decisions. Use these verses to guide you every time you need to make a decision.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “20 Bible Verses About Making Decisions” FOR LATER!
20 Bible Verses About Making Decisions
1. Every decision has it’s own consequence.
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. (NKJV)
2. Don’t lean on your own understanding to make decisions.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. (NKJV)
3. Don’t make decisions following your heart because your heart can be deceitful.
Jeremiah 17:9-10 “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings. (NKJV)
4. Commit every decision to God.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established. (NKJV)
5. Seeking counsel from God will help you make better decisions.
Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise. (NKJV)
6. Acknowledge God and he will help you make the right decision.
Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)
7. Ask God for wisdom before making any decision.
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (NKJV)
8. Trust God with every decision you make.
Psalm 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. (NKJV)
9. You can trust God with your decisions because He has good thoughts for your life.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (NKJV)
10. God will always give you the right answer.
Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. (NKJV)
11. Let God decide for you because God knows best.
Proverbs 16:2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the spirits. (NKJV)
12. It’s important to take advice when making decisions.
Proverbs 15:22 Without counsel, plans go awry, but in the multitude of counselors they are established. (NKJV)
13. Make sure your decisions glorify God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (NKJV)
14. The right decision will give you peace.
1 John 3:20-21 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. (NKJV)
15. Be clear with the decisions you make.
16. Do not be double-minded when making decisions.
James 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (NKJV)
17. Make decisions one day at a time.
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (NKJV)
18. Don’t let bad decisions make you lose what you’ve worked hard for.
2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. (NKJV)
19. Every decision you make will work for good if you love and acknowledge God.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
20. And remember, you can make your own decisions but God has the final say.
GRAB “A Verse For Every Need“
Tired of not knowing how to battle with how you feel and what you go through in life? Face every emotion, situation, and question you may have along the journey with the Word of God. A Verse For Every Need was created so that you can have the best and most relevant bible verse for every topic at the tip of your finger! Discover 200+ fillable bible verses for every need you have. Click here to read more! AD
It’s not easy to make the right decision on your own, but it’s possible when you hand over your plans, goals, and desires to God. He will always know best and his decisions will always be better than ours. I hope you enjoyed reading this list of 20 helpful bible verses about making decisions. Let me know what other bible verses about making decisions you liked the most in the comments below!
More Posts You May Like:
- 30 Bible Verses About Wisdom That Will Impact You
- 30 Must-Read Bible Verses About Purpose
- 5 Tips To Help You Live Your Life Guided By God
- 30 Eye-Opening Bible Verses About Direction
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses About Prayer
- 15 Bible Verses About God Being In Control
Sending you blessings & love,