Who doesn’t desire forgiveness from God? And not just once but on a daily basis? I know I do. 1 John 1:8 says, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” The moment we start to believe we no longer need forgiveness from God is when we are completely lost. Even when we have had “good days” where we think we have behaved well, we still need forgiveness from God. Acknowledging that we need to be forgiven from God daily doesn’t make us weak, but more dependent on God. Matthew 9:12 says, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.” We need God everyday because everyday we are capable of sinning. That’s why understanding God’s forgiveness is so important. Below I am sharing 20 bible verses about forgiveness from God.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE “20 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT FORGIVENESS FROM GOD” FOR LATER!
20 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT FORGIVENESS FROM GOD
1. To be forgiven, you must recognize and confess your sins before God first.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2. God forgives the one who truly repents from their sin and seeks forgiveness.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (NKJV)
3. God is always ready to forgive.
Psalm 86: 5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. (NKJV)
4. The one who covers his sins is the one who doesn’t receive forgiveness.
Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. (NKJV)
5. Forgiveness belongs to God.
Daniel 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him.
6. Through Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross we have access to forgiveness.
Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. (NKJV)
7. God forgives the one who forsakes his ways and returns to Him.
Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him;
And to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. (NKJV)
8. We have obtained the forgiveness of sins through Christ.
Colossians 1:13-14 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. (NKJV)
9. God forgives and does not remember our sins anymore.
Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. (NKJV)
10. God forgives and washes us from our sins.
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.” (NKJV)
11. God forgives our sin when we acknowledge it and don’t hide it from him.
Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. (NKJV)
12. God is merciful and does not retain his anger forever.
Micah 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. (NKJV)
13. God blots out our sins and refreshes our soul.
Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. (NKJV)
14. You have to believe that God is capable of forgiving you.
Acts 10:43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” (NKJV)
15. God does not reject the one who repents and runs to him.
2 Chronicles 30:9 For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn His face from you if you return to Him. (NKJV)
16. God removes our transgressions far away from us.
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
17. God forgets our sins and redeems us completely.
Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. (NKJV)
18. Those who find forgiveness in God are blessed.
Psalm 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. (NKJV)
19. Jesus shed his blood at the cross for the remission of our sins.
Matthew 26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
20. We must forgive the same way we are forgiven.
Ephesians 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. (NKJV)
Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (NKJV)
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I really hope you enjoyed reading these 20 bible verses about forgiveness from God. I hope these bible verses help you understand God’s forgiveness in a deeper way. No matter what you’re going through, remember that God is waiting for you with opened arms. God hates sin, but he loves you and wants to cleanse you. Let me know in the comments below which one of these bible verses about forgiveness from God you enjoyed the most!
More Posts You May Like:
- What Does The Bible Say About Sin?
- 28 Things That Ruin Your Relationship With God
- What Does The Bible Say About Temptation?
- How To Rest In Jesus When You’re Exhausted
- 20 Bible Verses About Grace You Need To Embrace
Sending you blessings & love,