Being patient when things don’t seem to be working in your favor, when people are continuously testing you, or when you’re waiting on an answer can be very challenging. It’s already hard to be patient in general, but being patient in trying times is another level. Because patience is a fruit of the Spirit, it is impossible to grow patience in our lives without God’s help. Which is why, it’s important to continuously go back to Scripture to find encouragement and guidance on how to remain patient in difficult times. In this post I’m sharing 30 inspiring bible verses about patience.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE 30 INSPIRING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT PATIENCE!
30 INSPIRING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT PATIENCE
1. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (ESV)
2. Love is patient.
1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant. (ESV)
3. God is a God of patience.
Romans 15:5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus. (NKJV)
4. God fulfills his promises with patience.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (NKJV)
5. We must be patient in tribulation.
Romans 12:12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; (NKJV)
6. We must wait patiently on God.
James 5:8 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. (NKJV)
7. It’s important to walk with patience.
Ephesians 4:1-2 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love. (NKJV)
8. Jesus is the perfect example of patience.
1 Timothy 1:16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. (ESV)
9. God’s time is different than ours.
2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (NKJV)
10. We must wait patiently even when we don’t see any progress or fruit.
Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. (NKJV)
11. God hears those who wait patiently in Him.
Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. (NKJV)
12. We must clothe ourselves with patience.
Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. (NKJV)
13. We must be still and wait patiently for God to act.
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! (NKJV)
14. It is better to be patient than to be proud.
Ecclesiastes 7:8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning; the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. (NKJV)
15. Those who are patient will reap in due season.
Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (NKJV)
16. God fights for us when we wait patiently on Him.
Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold[a] your peace.” (NKJV)
17. Patience is necessary in order to fully please God.
Colossians 1:10-11 0 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy. (NKJV)
18. We need to have patience in order to receive God’s promises.
Hebrews 10:36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: (NKJV)
19. God is good to those who wait patiently in Him.
Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. (NKJV)
20. Even when things don’t make sense, we must continue to wait patiently on God.
John 13:7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.” (NKJV)
21. Blessed are those who patiently wait on God.
Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the Lord is a God of justice; Blessed are all those who wait for Him. (NKJV)
22. God renews the strength of those who patiently wait on Him.
Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. (NKJV)
23. God acts in favor of those who wait patiently on Him.
Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world
Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
Who acts for the one who waits for Him. (NKJV)
24. We must be patient until the end.
Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. (NKJV)
25. We must wait patiently to obtain an answer from God.
Psalm 38:15 But for you, O Lord, do I wait;
it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer. (ESV)
26. We must have courage to wait patiently on God.
Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord! (NKJV)
27. We must wait on God and put our hope in His word.
Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope. (NKJV)
28. We can wait patiently on God when we keep our eyes fixed on Him.
Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look to the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
My God will hear me. (NKJV)
29. We must wait patiently for God’s plan to unfold in our lives.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (NKJV)
30. In the end, waiting and living with patience is worth it.
Psalm 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him. (NKJV)
GRAB “Special Treasures From God“
Explore some of the most common and relatable biblical topics in a fun manner and store the most powerful bible verses in your heart with this fillable workbook. Special Treasures From God includes, 50 christian topics, 450 bible verses, 150 christian affirmations, and 50 illustrations to color. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you enjoyed reading 30 inspiring bible verses about patience. Let me know in the comments below which bible verse about patience you liked the most.
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses To Fight Depression
- 30 Best Bible Verses About Trusting God
- The Best Bible Verses About Purpose
- 30 Beautiful Bible Verses About Love
- 30 Eye-Opening Bible Verses About Direction
Sending you blessings & love,
Leave a Reply