While it’s a whole lot easier to listen to God’s word rather than to obey it, God wants us to be doers of the word not just hearers. After all, there isn’t anyone who knows whats best for us more than God himself. So, obeying God is important not only to glorify him but to be able to live life according to his will, purpose, and plan for our life. So, what does the Bible say about obedience? Below I’m sharing 30 eye-opening bible verses about obedience. Use these verses to inspire you to live life in obedience to God.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
SAVE THESE 30 EYE-OPENING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT OBEDIENCE!
30 EYE-OPENING BIBLE VERSES ABOUT OBEDIENCE!
1. You have been elected for obedience.
1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. (NKJV)
2. Through Christ you have received grace for obedience.
Romans 1:5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name. (NKJV)
3. Jesus is the author of eternal salvation of those who obey him.
Hebrews 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. (NKJV)
4. Jesus learned obedience through suffering.
Hebrews 5:8 Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. (NKJV)
5. Jesus humbled himself to obey.
Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. (NKJV)
6. By Jesus’ obedience many will be made righteous.
Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous. (NKJV)
7. God delights more in obedience than in sacrifices.
1 Samuel 15:22 So Samuel said: “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. (NKJV)
8. As an obedient child of God don’t conform yourself to former lusts.
1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance. (NKJV)
9. Keep God’s word near you to obey it.
Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. (NKJV)
10. Obey God’s voice and walk in his ways.
Jeremiah 7:23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you. (NKJV)
11. Obey God’s Word, don’t just hear it.
James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (NKJV)
12. Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. (NKJV)
13. You are slave to what you obey.
Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (NKJV)
14. If you obey God’s voice you will be a special treasure to Him.
Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. (NKJV)
15. Obedience comes with a reward.
Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land. (NKJV)
16. If you obey, you’re in the way of life.
Proverbs 10:17 He who keeps instruction is in the way of life, but he who refuses correction goes astray. (NKJV)
17. Obey God’s command to love him above all.
Deuteronomy 11:13 And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command you today, to love the Lord your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul. (NKJV)
18. If you keep God’s commandments, He will reward you.
1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. (NKJV)
19. If you love God, you will keep his word.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. (NKJV)
20. Be obedient to your parents.
Proverbs 6:20 My son, keep your father’s command, And do not forsake the law of your mother. (NKJV)
21. Obedience comes with it’s fruits.
Philemon 1:21 Having confidence in your obedience, I write to you, knowing that you will do even more than I say. (NKJV)
22. Let your obedience be known to all.
Romans 16:19 For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. (NKJV)
23. Purify your soul by obeying the truth.
1 Peter 1:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart. (NKJV)
24. Obey willingly.
Romans 6:17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. (NKJV)
25. You can glorify God through obedience.
2 Corinthians 9:13 While, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men. (NKJV)
26. If you keep God’s commandments, He will establish you.
Deuteronomy 28:9 “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. (NKJV)
27. By faith Abraham obeyed God.
Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. (NKJV)
28. It is better to obey God than men.
Acts 5:29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. (NKJV)
29. Obey God’s voice.
Joshua 24:24 And the people said to Joshua, “The Lord our God we will serve, and His voice we will obey!” (NKJV)
30. Whether you agree or not, always obey God’s voice.
Jeremiah 42:6 Whether it is pleasing or displeasing, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God to whom we send you, that it may be well with us when we obey the voice of the Lord our God.” (NKJV)
Grab Your Free 30 Bible Verses About Obedience Printable!
Do you want to keep these bible verses with you at all times? I got you! I created a stunning printable with all 30 bible verses about obedience. Just subscribe in the form below to download it!
I hope you enjoyed reading this list of 30 eye-opening bible verses about obedience. Let me know what other bible verses about obedience you like in the comments below.
More Posts You May Like:
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses For Difficult Times
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses To Fight Depression
- 100 Powerful Bible Verses Everyone Needs To Read
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses About Joy
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses About Prayer
Sending you blessings & love,