Are you feeling angry but also feeling guilty that you’re angry? Don’t let guilt consume you or make you feel worse. Ephesians 4:26-27 says, “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.” (NKJV) Feeling frustrated, angry, and annoyed is completely natural and human. As you can see from this part of scripture, God doesn’t invalidate, belittle, or forbid these feelings. However, he doesn’t want you to let these feelings affect, consume, or destroy you. It’s okay to feel angry, what’s not okay is allowing the devil to use anger to make you sin. Which is why in this post I’m going to share 22 powerful bible verses to read when you’re angry.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
HOW TO DEAL WITH ANGER AS A CHRISTIAN
Because anger is inevitable, it’s important to know how to deal with anger in a godly way when you face situations that make you angry. Whether your anger is provoked by situations or people, God wants you to know that you don’t have to deal with your feelings alone. God wants to hear you, heal you, and lift you from that state of mind.
So remember, you’re not condemned for feeling anger.
God knows your condition more than anyone and understands you
Psalm 103: 14 For He knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust. (NKJV)
And because he knows and loves you, He doesn’t want you to destroy your life by reacting to anger in a destructive manner. You’re more than your anger.
Ephesians 4:26-27 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.
So, how should you react when you’re angry?
- Recognize your feelings of anger before God. (Don’t pretend to not be angry when you are – this does more harm than good! God wants you to be sincere with Him)
- Avoid making decisions that will make you sin.
- Let the feelings of anger go as quickly as they came. Don’t hold on to anger.
- Do not let the devil use your anger for his wicked plans.
EVERY SEASON IN LIFE SERVES IT’S PURPOSE
Anger is a hard topic to talk about, but I definitely needed a bit of a reminder of what the Bible says about anger. Today was a very frustrating day for me personally. There’s a lot of things on my plate, things aren’t going as planned, and I’m finding myself in some uncomfortable situations! I’d be lying If I said that these things don’t annoy me because they most certainly do. Would I want things to be different? Yes.
However, moments of uncertainty, waiting, and frustration are also part of our journey on this earth. You can’t experience comfort, peace, and relief without experiencing difficult moments first. So, instead of hating the place I’m currently in, the situations I’m facing, and the feelings I’m feeling, I am putting everything in God’s hands and letting him talk to my heart in this season. God is still God even when things are iffy.
So if you’re currently going through a season where things are frustrating, know that you’re not alone and that God is still good even when things aren’t.
Every season serves it’s purpose when you let God work through you.
So, no more hiding your feelings from God, lying to yourself, pretending to me alright, or reacting based on anger. Take all of your feelings to God (this includes anger) and allow him to minister your heart with his word. After all, God is the and only solution
22 BIBLE VERSES TO READ WHEN YOU’RE ANGRY
Below I’m sharing 22 eye-opening bible verses to read when you’re feeling angry! Read these Bible verses and let them guide you in seasons of frustration.
SAVE THESE 25 BIBLE VERSES TO READ WHEN YOU’RE ANGRY FOR LATER!
1. Be still and don’t let anger make you sin.
Psalm 4:4 Be[a] angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still
2. Acting impulsively when angry only worsens things.
Proverbs 14:29 He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. (NKJV)
3. Harsh words only increase anger.
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. (NKJV)
4. Don’t get angry quickly.
Ecclesiastes 7:9 Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, for anger rests in the bosom of fools.
5. Don’t let anger abide in you.
Ephesians 4:31 1 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
6. Don’t speak with anger.
Colossians 3:8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.
7. Be slow to anger.
James 1:19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
8. Your anger can’t produce righteousness.
James 1:20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
9. Seek peace even when you’re feeling angry.
Psalm 34:14 Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it.
10. Don’t give in to anger, instead control it.
Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. (ESV)
11. It is better to overlook an offense than to react based on anger.
Proverbs 19:11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense. (ESV)
12. Anger is a desire you must fight against.
James 4:1 Where do wars and fights come from among you Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? (NKJV)
13. You must rule your spirit, not be ruled by anger.
Proverbs 16:32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
14. Reacting based on anger is a work of the flesh.
Galatians 5: 19-20 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
15. Don’t let anger overcome you.
Romans 12: 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
16. Only love can cover all sins and offenses.
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all sins.. (NKJV)
17. Don’t be quick to react based on anger.
Proverbs 12:16 A fool’s wrath is known at once, But a prudent man covers shame. (NKJV)
18. The world is full of frustrating moments, but remember that God has overcome the world.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you [a]will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (NKJV)
19. Only God can give you the peace that the world lacks.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (NKJV)
20. God’s peace has the power of guarding your heart and mind.
Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (NKJV)
21. Let God’s peace rule your life instead of anger.
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. (NKJV)
22. God is capable of giving you peace in every situation.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. (NKJV)
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and found these bible verses to read when you’re feeling angry helpful. Let me know in the comments how you face anger!
More Posts You May Like:
- 10 Bible Verses To Read When Feeling Down
- 30 Encouraging Bible Verses For Difficult Times
- 30 Powerful Bible Verses To Fight Depression
- 10 Worship Songs To Comfort The Anxious Heart
- 30 Best Bible Verses About Trusting God
- How To Rest In Jesus When You’re Exhausted
Sending you blessings & love,