Are you a Christian who wants to design stunning but faith-related bullet journal spreads? Grab a pen to jot down the following Christian bullet journal theme ideas. While bullet journaling is for everyone, you can totally make your bullet journal as relatable to your lifestyle as you want it to be. So, if creating a Christian-based bullet journal is a priority to you, below I am sharing 20 creative Christian bullet journal theme ideas. Use these christian bullet journal theme ideas to design beautiful spreads that will help you deepen your faith and organize your life in a godly fashion.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Save these 20 creative christian bullet journal themes for later!
20 CREATIVE CHRISTIAN BULLET JOURNAL THEME IDEAS
Since there are so many themes to choose from in the Bible, I have compiled an exclusive list with only 20 handpicked christian bullet journal theme ideas for you. I’ve also created a graphic (a Pinterest pin) to go with each theme incase you want to save a specific bullet journal theme for later. So, I hope you enjoy all 20 christian bullet journal theme ideas and their respective graphic! 🙂
It only makes sense that the first christian bullet journal theme idea I list is the first story in the Bible: creation. Creation is one of the most important biblical themes because it perfectly describes how God created the entire world in 6 days.
CREATION IN THE BIBLE:
The entire story of Creation can be found in Genesis (1)1-31 and Genesis (2)1-25
- Plants and dry ground
- The sun, moon, and stars
- Birds and sea animals
- Humans and land animals
- God rests from all his work.
- Light vs darkness illustrated
- Dry land
- Humans: man and woman
2. SALVATION IN CHRIST
Colossians 1:16 says, “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.” (NKJV)
Everything created and written in the Bible (both Old & New Testament scripture) points back to Jesus Christ. Everything was created through Christ and for Christ.
So, the next theme idea that you can try is: Salvation in Christ.
SALVATION BIBLE VERSES:
- John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (NKJV)
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (NKJV)
- 1 Thessalonians 5:9 – For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. (NKJV)
- Acts 4:12 – Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (NKJV)
- Hebrews 7:25 – Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. (NKJV)
- 2 Timothy 1:9 – who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. (NKJV)
3. WOMEN IN THE BIBLE
If you’re a woman like myself, this theme may be of interest to you! I’ve always found it very interesting to study the women in the Bible to learn from them. So, why not create a bullet journal theme based on some of your favorite female biblical characters?
LIST OF WOMEN IN THE BIBLE:
Even though there are so many remarkable women found in the Bible, I’m only going to list a couple to not make this any post longer than it should be! 😉
- Queen Esther – The book of Esther
- Eve (The first woman) – Genesis 3-4
- Mary (Jesus’s mom) – Matthew 1:18-25
- Ruth the Moabite – The book of Ruth
- Abigail (David’s wife) – 1 Samuel 25: 2-44
- Hannah (Samuel’s mom) – 1 Samuel 1-2
- Deborah (Historic female judge) – Judges 4-5
- Sarah (Abraham’s wife) – Genesis 18:1-15, 21, 23
- Miriam (The prophetess) – Exodus 15:20-21
- Queen Esther – crown, kingdom, royal dresses, palace, beauty, banquet
- Eve – Adam & eve, forbidden fruit, serpent,
- Mary – baby Jesus, pregnant mary, jesus’ birth
- Ruth the Moabite – marriage, journey, field, heads of grain
- Abigail – riding a donkey, gifts, proposal
- Hannah – tears, prayer, baby
- Deborah – warrior, judge, palm tree, chariots
- Sarah – tent, laughter, baby
- Miriam – singing, crossing the red sea
4. ARK OF NOAH
The next theme I want to bring up is Noah’s ark. Although this may be one of the most popular stories in the Bible and you’ve probably drawn tons of ark’s in Sunday school over the years, we can never get enough of this beautiful story of redemption.
THE STORY OF NOAH’S ARK
- Building the ark – Genesis 6: 13-22
- Surviving the flood inside of the ark – Genesis 7
- Leaving the ark – Genesis 8
- Ark – outside & inside
- Noah’s family
5. THE LIFE OF JESUS
Because everything was created for Him and through Him, it’s impossible to look past the greatest character in the entire Bible, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In this theme, the goal is to focus on Jesus’ life on earth from his birth to his resurrection.
JESUS TIMELINE ON EARTH
Since you can find the entire story of Jesus in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, I’m not going to include specific verses.
- As a child
- Temptation in the desert
- Recruiting disciples
- Begins ministry: teachings, miracles, and works
- Baby Jesus
- Baptism scene
- Performing miracles
- The bread of life
- Preaching to multitudes
6. THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
The next exciting christian bullet journal theme idea I want to share with you is: The fruit of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 mentions 9 godly attributes that are considered the fruit of the Holy Spirit. So for this theme, I want you to focus on studying, illustrating, and trying to adapt the 9 attributes of the Spirit in your life.
9 ATTRIBUTES OF THE SPIRIT
- Fruit basket
- Things that represent love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
7. THE ARMOR OF GOD
The next theme is inspired by the godly amour listed in Ephesians 6:10-17. As soldiers/warriors of Christ, we have been giving 6 specific pieces of armor that will help us fight and stand firm against all attacks of the enemy.
6 PIECES OF ARMOR OF GOD
- Belt of Truth
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- Sandals of the Gospel of Peace
- Shield of Faith
- Helmet of Salvation
- Sword of The Spirit
8. THE LIFE OF MOSES
If there is a story I can never ever get tired of reading, watching, or illustrating, it’s the story of Moses. As one of the most important biblical characters in the entire Bible and the author of the Pentateuch (The books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy), it’s impossible not to dedicate a spot in this list to the great Moses.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN MOSES’ LIFE
Since Moses’s story is very lengthy, I am just going to include the books where you can follow the events in his life. You can read about Moses in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Here are some important events in Moses’ life:
- Born to Amram & Jochebed
- Saved by the princess of Egypt
- Growing up as a prince
- Flight to Midian
- God’s calling – burning bush
- Return to Egypt
- 10 plagues of Egypt
- Crossing the Red Sea
- 10 commandments
- Battle with Amalikites
- Mana from Heaven
- Building the Tabernacle
- Wandering in the dessert for 40 years
- Baby in river
- Saved by the princess of Egypt
- Crossing desert
- Burning bush
- Staff of Moses
- 10 plagues of Egypt
- Passover elements
- Crossing the Red Sea
- 10 commandments
- Mana from Heaven
9. TEN PLAGUES OF EGYPT
Even though I kind of mentioned the ten plagues of Egypt in the previous bullet journal theme idea, I thought I’d reserve an exclusive spot on this list for this life-changing event that completely changed the life of Israelites and Egyptians.
10 PLAGUES OF EGYPT
- Water becomes blood – Exodus 7:14-25
- Frogs – Exodus 8:1-15
- Lice – Exodus 8: 16-19
- Disease on livestock – Exodus 9:1-7
- Boils – Exodus 9: 8-12
- Hail – Exodus 9:13-35
- Locusts – Exodus 10:1-20
- Darkness – Exodus 10:21-29
- Death of First Born – Exodus 11-12
- Pharaoh & Egyptians
MORE CHRISTIAN BULLET JOURNAL THEME IDEAS FOR YOU…..
10. THE TABERNACLE OF GOD
If you’re more of an artistic person, this next Christian bullet journal theme idea is for you! A good portion of the book of Exodus is devoted to the construction of the Tabernacle of God – instructions, chosen artisans, building, and completion. The tabernacle is very important to us because it was the portable sanctuary constructed by Moses as a place of worship to God and where the presence of God resided. While each one of us have been made into walking Tabernacles of God, it’s still very important to understand the symbolism behind the Tabernacle and it’s elements.
INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD TO BUILD THE:
- Tabernacle – Exodus 26
- Altar of Burnt Offering – Exodus 27:1-8
- Court of Tabernacle – Exodus 27:9-19
- Garments for the Priesthood – Exodus 28
- Altar of Incense – Exodus 30
ARTISANS FOR BUILDING THE TABERNACLE ARE CHOSEN
- Bezalel and Aholiab are called to build the tabernacle -Exodus 31:1-11
- Tabernacle – Exodus 36:8-38
- Ark of Testimony – Exodus 37:1-9
- Table for the Showbread – Exodus 37:10-16
- Gold Lampstand – Exodus 37:17-24
- Altar of Incense – Exodus 37: 25-29
- Altar of Burnt Offering – Exodus 38:1-7
- Bronze Laver – Exodus 38: 8
- Court of the Tabernacle – Exodus 38:9-20
- Garments of the Priesthood – Exodus 39
THE TABERNACLE ERECTED & ARRANGED
- The Tabernacle is completed – Exodus 40
- Ark of Covenant
- Table of Shewbread
- Courtyard, Holy Place, Holy of Holies
11. JOSEPH THE DREAMER
Another well-known Biblical character that can give you a lot of good material to work with is Joseph. Between receiving a beautiful colorful coat, dreaming big, and rising in power in Egypt, you can easily design beautiful bullet journal stories following his life.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN JOSEPH’S LIFE
- Born to Jacob & Rachel (One of 12 sons of Jacob) – Genesis 30
- Receiving the colorful coat – Genesis 37
- Joseph’s dreams – Genesis 37
- Thrown in a pit & sold by his brothers- Genesis 37
- Overseer of Potiphar’s house – Genesis 39
- Sent to jail – Genesis 39
- Interpreting dreams in jail – Genesis 40
- 2nd after Pharaoh – Genesis 41
- Rise to power & famine in Egypt – Genesis 41
- Reunion with his family – Genesis 42-49
- Death & final wish – Genesis 50
- Colorful coat
- Sun & Moon
- Golden cup
12. THE PROMISED LAND
Since this was one of Israel’s most prosperous and victorious eras, I couldn’t help but add the promised land to this list! From crossing the Jordan river to winning battles, the Book of Joshua covers the process of Israelites conquering the Promised Land. Below, I’m listing some of the most memorable events recorded in the book of Joshua. Use these events to create outstanding bullet journal spreads.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN THE PROMISED LAND
- Joshua commissioned as the new leader. -Joshua 1
- Spies of Jericho & Rahab – Joshua 2
- Crossing the Jordan river – Joshua 3
- Walls of Jericho – Joshua 6
- Battle of Ai – Joshua 8
- The sun stands still – Joshua 10
- Battle with Northern kings – Joshua 11
- Joshua’s conquests – Joshua 11
- Walls of Jericho
13. PARABLES OF JESUS
If you’ve read through the gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, you’ve probably come across multiple interesting, impacting, and inspiring parables. Jesus used parables to not only teach important lessons, but to also illustrate them in a comprehensive manner. Since there are so many parables, I’ve made a list of all the parables found in the gospel to make it easier for you to choose your favorite parables to work with.
PARABLES TO LEARN FROM
- Lamp parable – Matthew 5:14-16/ Mark 4:21-25
- The Speck and The Log – Matthew 7:1-5
- New Cloth on Old Garment – Matthew 9:16-17 / Mark 2:21-22
- The Divided Kingdom – Matthew 12:24-30 / Mark 3:23-27
- The Sower – Matthew 13:1-23 / Mark 4:1-20
- Weeds Among the Wheat – Matthew 13:24-30
- The Mustard Seed – Matthew 13:31-32 / Mark 4:30-34
- The Leaven -Matthew 13:33-34
- Hidden Treasure – Matthew 13:44
- Pearl of Great Price – Matthew 13:45-46
- The Net – Matthew 13:47-50
- The Heart of Man -Matthew 15:20 / Mark 7:14-23
- Lost Sheep -Matthew 18:10-14
- The Unforgiving Servant – Matthew 18:23-35
- Laborers in the Vineyard – Matthew 20:1-16
- The Two Sons – Matthew 21:28-32
- The Tenant Farmers -Matthew 21:33-45 / Mark 12:1-2
- Marriage Feast or Great Banquet – Matthew 22:1-14
- Budding Fig Tree – Matthew 24:32-35 / Mark 13:28-33
- The Faithful vs. The Wicked Servant – Matthew 24:45-51 / Mark 13:34-37
- The Ten Virgins – Matthew 25:1-13
- Ten Talents or Gold Coins – Matthew 25:14-30
- Growing Seed – Mark 4:26-29
- Good Samaritan – Luke 10:29-37
- The Friend at Midnight – Luke 11:5-13
- The Rich Fool – Luke 12:13-21
- Barren Fig Tree – Luke 13:6-9
- The Invited Guests – Luke 14: 7-14
- The Lost Coin – Luke 15:8-10
- Prodigal Son – Luke 15:11-32
- The Rich Man & Lazarus – Luke 16:19-31
- The Persistent Widow – Luke 18:1-8
- Pharisee & Tax Collector – Luke 18:9-14
- The Divided Kingdom
- Weeds Among the Wheat
- The Mustard Seed
- Hidden Treasure
- Pearl of Great Price
- Tenant Farmers
- Marriage Feast
- Great Banquet
- Fig Tree
- Gold Coins
- Growing Seed
- Lost Coin
- Prodigal Son
14. THE NAMES OF JESUS
The next theme I wan to share with you is inspired by some of the names of Jesus! Create Jesus-centered spreads in your bullet journal only using the names of Jesus. Below I’m sharing the most popular names of Jesus with their respective bible verses.
SOME OF THE NAMES OF JESUS
- Bread of Life – John 6:35
- Chief Cornerstone – Psalm 118:22
- Good Shepherd – John 10:11
- Great High Priest – Hebrews 4:14
- King of Kings – Revelation 17:14
- Lamb of God – John 1:29
- Light of the World – John 8:12
- Lion of the Tribe of Judah – Revelation 5:5
- Rock – 1 Corinthians 10:4
- The Door – John 10:9
- The Way – John 14:6
- True Vine – John 15:1
- The Word – John 1:1
- Truth – John 8:32
- Chief Cornerstone
- Shepherd – John 10:11
I don’t know about you, but the book of Psalms is one of my favorite books to read in the Bible. The poetry, lessons, examples of praise, comforting songs, and encouraging prayers make Psalms a one of a kind book to read and illustrate. For this theme, your job is to simply go through your favorite Psalms and create spreads where you can illustrate those Psalms. For example in my case, I would illustrate Psalm 23, 46, and 91!
16. JESUS’ MIRACLES
Here’s another Jesus-related theme! For this theme, I want us to focus only on the miracles that Jesus did. Whether he performed this miracles on humans or objects, it’s needless to say that Jesus’ miracles deserve a spot of their own in this list and your bullet journal. Skim through this list of miracles and create miracle-like spreads.
THE MIRACLES THAT JESUS MADE
Source: What Miracles Did Jesus Perform
- Changing water into wine (John 2:1-11)
- Curing the nobleman’s son (John 4:46-47).
- The great haul of fishes (Luke 5:1-11).
- Casting out an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23-28).
- Curing Peter’s mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:30-31).
- Healing a leper (Mark 1:40-45).
- Healing the centurion’s servant (Matthew 8:5-13).
- Raising the widow’s son from the dead (Luke 7:11-18).
- Jesus calms the storm (Matthew 8:23-27).
- Curing two demoniacs (Matthew 8:28-34).
- Curing the paralytic (Matthew 9:1-8).
- Raising the ruler’s daughter from the dead (Matthew 9:18-26).
- Curing a woman of an ongoing blood flow (Luke 8:43-48).
- Opening the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31).
- Loosing the tongue of a man who could not speak (Matthew 9:32-33).
- Healing the Paralytic from Bethesda (John 5:1-9).
- Restoring a withered hand (Matthew 12:10-13).
- Curing a demon-possessed man (Matthew 12:22).
- Feeding at least five thousand people (Matthew 14:15-21).
- Healing a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:22-28).
- Curing a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37).
- Feeding at least four thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39).
- Opening the eyes of a blind man (Mark 8:22-26).
- Curing a boy who was plagued by a demon (Matthew 17:14-21).
- Opening the eyes of a man born blind (John 9:1-38)
- Curing a woman from infirmity (Luke 13:10-17).
- Curing a man of dropsy (Luke 14:1-4).
- Cleansing ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
- Raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-46).
- Opening the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 20:30-34).
- Causing the fig tree to wither (Matthew 21:18-22).
- Restoring the ear of the high priest’s servant (Luke 22:50-51).
- Rising from the dead (Luke 24:5-6).
- The second great haul of fishes (John 21:1-14).
- Pool of Bethesda
- Loaves of bread
17. FAITH HEROES
From trials to faith to victory. As you read Hebrews 11, you’ll come across a lengthy list of faith superheroes. Some of these faith heroes are male, meanwhile others are female. This goes to show that God does not make exceptions between genders and can use anyone he wants. So, use the following faith heroes list to create bullet journal spreads based on their life, their faith, and their victory.
- Abel – Hebrew 11:4
- Enoch – Hebrew 11:5
- Noah – Hebrew 11:7
- Abraham – Hebrew 11:8-10, 17
- Sarah – Hebrew 11:11
- Isaac – Hebrew 11: 20
- Jacob – Hebrew 11:21
- Joseph – Hebrew 11:22
- Moses – Hebrew 11:23-29
- Rahab – Hebrew 11: 31
- Gideon – Hebrew 11: 32
- Barak – Hebrew 11:32
- Samson – Hebrew 11:32
- Jephthah – Hebrew 11:32
- David – Hebrews 11:32
- Samuel – Hebrews 11:32
- Promised Land
18. LIFE-CHANGING PRAYERS
Because prayer is one of the most important weapons of Christians, I’ve put together a list of some of the most heart-touching and impactful prayers in the Bible. Use this list of prayers of Biblical characters to design prayer-inspired bullet journal spreads.
PRAYERS FOUND IN THE BIBLE
- Hannah’s Prayer (1 Samuel 2:1-10)
- Solomon’s Prayer for Wisdom (1 Kings 3:7-9)
- David’s Prayers – Psalms
- Jonah’s Prayer (Jonah 2:1-9)
- The prayer of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:10)
- Moses’ Prayer for Israel in the Wilderness (Exodus 32:9-14)
- Abraham’s Prayer for Sodom (Genesis 18:16-33)
- Jehoshaphat for victory (2 Chronicles 20:6-12)
- Ezra for forgiveness and help (Ezra 9:5-15)
- Nehemiah for confession of sins and help (Nehemiah 1:5-11)
- Habakkuk for revival (Habakkuk 3:2-19)
- Jesus, The Lord’s prayer (Matthew 6:9-13)
- Kneeling down
- Things that represent peace and comfort
19. THE STORY OF JONAH
Because os his audacity to defy God’s order, misfortune at sea, and scary adventure inside of a whale’s belly, Jonah is one of the most well-known prophets. There’s so much to learn, grasp, and illustrate from Jonah’s story. So, if you’re in the mood of designing adventurous bullet journal layouts, this bullet journal theme is for you.
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN JONAH’S LIFE
- Jonah flees – Jonah 1
- The storm at sea – Jonah 1
- Thrown into the sea – Jonah 1
- Jonah’s prayer – Jonah 2
- Preaching at Nineveh – Jonah 3
- Jonah’s anger & God’s kindness – Jonah 4
20. 12 DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
And the last theme I want to share with you is the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ. Whether you’ve felt identified with them, have been inspired by them, or you’ve simply admired their journey following Jesus, I encourage you to design spreads based off their lives.
THE 12 DISCIPLES OF JESUS
- Bartholomew or Nathanael
- James, the younger
- Jude or Thaddeus
- Matthew or Levi
- Simon the Zealot
This aesthetic printable christian calendar includes 12 unique calendar pages to plan your entire year. This printable calendar is perfect for christians who want to plan special events, tasks, and goals on a christian based calendar. Each calendar page includes an undated monthly spread, a unique but inspirational bible verse, and an aesthetic photograph to inspire you. Click here to learn more! (AD)
I hope you enjoyed this list of 20 creative christian bullet journal theme ideas. Let me know in the comments below which christian themes you want to try out. And if you have any themes that you think should be added to this list of christian bullet journal theme ideas, please don’t be shy to share them with me!
More Posts You May Like:
- 100 Best Summer Bullet Journal Themes To Play With
- 200 Bullet Journal Theme Ideas Organized By Colors
- 20 Creative Bullet Journal Page Ideas
- 10 Unique Bullet Journal Themes To Try
Sending you blessings & love,