Are you looking for adorable and unique biblical baby girl names?
You’re in the right place! Regardless of the time period we are in, biblical baby names will always be in style because of how vintage, unforgettable and unique they are. The Bible is not only packed with truth, but it’s also filled with a variety of beautiful names of characters, locations, and books that you can use on your babies. So, below I have compiled an awesome list of 20 biblical baby girl names that you will simply adore!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything by clicking on the link, I may be compensated – at NO additional cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Baby Girl Names And Meanings
Although you can find biblical baby girl names by simple opening up your bible, it can be quite easy to get lost in the midst of all the names, characters and stories.
It’s so easy to get side-tracked with all the amazing stories in the Old & New Testament. Which is why, I have done the research part for you. You’re welcome 😉
After going on an intense “baby name” hunt and research, I have come up with a list of the 20 best biblical baby girl names to use and their meanings!
Can’t go through the entire list right now? No worries!
Save these 20 best biblical baby girl names for later!
20 Best Biblical Baby Girl Names List
Below you will find the most beautiful girl names, their meanings, how to pronounce them, and where exactly you can find the name in the Bible.
- Meaning: joy of the Father
- Pronunciation: a·buh·geil
- In the Bible: one of King David’s Wives (1 Samuel 25: 1-42)
- Meaning: land of meadows
- Pronunciation: ab-uh-leen
- In the Bible: an area near Syria (Luke 3:1)
- Meaning: daughter (Egyptian meaning) | peril (Hebrew meaning)
- Pronunciation: as-uh-nath
- In the Bible: the Egyptian wife of Joseph (Genesis 41: 45-50)
- Meaning: Yaweh is exalted.
- Pronunciation: ath-uh-lahy-uh
- In the Bible: evil queen of Judah (2 Kings 11: 1-20)
- Meaning: white | pure | sincere
- Pronunciation: kan-dis
- In the Bible: queen of the Ethiopians (Acts 8:27)
- Meaning: greenery | green herb
- Pronunciation: kloh-ee
- In the Bible: Corinthian matron | head of a Christian household (1 Corinthians 1:11)
- Meaning: a little woman | gentle
- Pronunciation: dam-uh-ris
- In the Bible: an athenian woman converted to Christianity by Paul (Acts 17:34)
- Meaning: God will judge.
- Pronunciation: day·nah
- In the Bible: a city in the mountains of Judah (Joshua 15:49)
- Meaning: delight
- Pronunciation: dih-lahy-luh
- In the Bible: a woman of Sorek who was Samson’s downfall (Judges 16)
- Meaning: strong
- Pronunciation: eth-ni
- In the Bible: a Geroshonite Levite (1 Chronicles 6:41)
- Meaning: revolution
- Pronunciation: ga·luh·lee
- In the Bible: a province where Jesus lived most of his life in (Luke 17:11)
- Meaning: a myrtle tree.
- Pronunciation: huh-dah-suh
- In the Bible: the hebrew name of Queen Esther (Esther 2:7)
- Meaning: save | preserve
- Pronunciation: ho·san·na
- In the Bible: exclamation of praise! (Matthew 21:9)
- Meaning: burning | adoration
- Pronunciation: mas-eh-DO-nih-uh
- In the Bible: a Roman province lying north of Greece (Acts 16:9)
- Meaning: reckoned | prepared
- Pronunciation: min-ee
- In the Bible: a province in Armenia (Jeremiah 51:27)
- Meaning: purity
- Pronunciation: mit-l-ee-nee
- In the Bible: chief city of the Island of Lesbos (Acts 20:14)
- Meaning: the new city
- Pronunciation: nee-a-puh-lis
- In the Bible: city in Macedonia. Paul visited this city during his missionary trips (Acts 16:11)
- Meaning: the city of victory
- Pronunciation: nih-kop-uh-lis
- In the Bible: a city where Paul wintered in (Titus 3:12)
- Meaning: peaceable | perfect
- Pronunciation: suh-loh-mee
- In the Bible: the wife of Zebedee and mother of James and John (Mark 15:40)
- Meaning: a pause | the end
- Pronunciation: see-luh
- In the Bible: a word found in the poetical books of the Old Testament (Psalm 3:2)
Grab Your Free 20 Biblical Baby Girl Names Printable!
Do you want to keep these biblical baby girl names with you at all times? I got you! I have created a beautiful printable with all 20 biblical baby girl names. Just subscribe in the form below to get immediate access to this printable!
Not enough baby names?
How stunning are these biblical baby girl names? I truly hope you enjoyed this list of biblical baby girl names and found a name you’ll use in the future! Was their a particular name that stood out to you the most? Let me know in the comments below.
Sending you blessings & love,